How to kick-start change
We've set our goals, we've defined why they are important to us... now what?
Sometimes we get a little stuck. We’ve gone through the process of setting our goals, defining those goals and why they are important and have realised that to change we need to probably change our mindsets. We want to make all these positive changes but we don’t have the ‘time’ or the ‘energy.’ If this describes you in any way, don’t worry, you are not alone.
If we want to change this, then we must take action. The best way that we can make this change happen, is to change our actions at the habit level.
How do we kick start this change? We’ve made the decision, it’s time to chase our goals.
Five Key things that will help you kickstart that change:
- Invest the time: Achieving our goals will take time. It won't happen overnight, or with the click of our heels three times. How much time per day have you allocated to purely working on your goals? Make sure you schedule and invest the time in achieving your goals. We all live busy lives, so scheduling some time per day will help make sure that they remain a priority.
- Create better timelines: Treat your goals like projects. Create milestones and timelines to transfer those good intentions into the reality of achieving your goals.
- Be consistent: It is too often that our goal achievement stagnates due to a lack of momentum and not knowing what to do next. Goals are best achieved through consistency, persistance and on-going effort. Try taking one step each day towards your goal.
- Create frequent reminders: Find ways to keep your goals front of mind. Stick them up on your mirror, your fridge, make it your computer background. When our subconscious mind is aware of how important our goals are to us and we're constantly being reminded of this fact, it will get to work in helping us notice and see opportunities. Schedule time in your diary like you do with coffee dates and doctors appointments. Adding it to your schedule will force you to take the time out to work on your goal.
- Raise expectations: Say to yourself "My goal is achievable." Expect that you will find a way to overcome the challenges that will pop up throughout your goal journey. Working on your expectations can feed your belief whilst also adding to your momentum.
Adjust or fine tune these habits and you will kick-start that change to achieving your goals.
It's Johnston Grocke's goal to see you reach your milestones.
Call today on (08) 8303 0300 for your complimentary Lyfe goals discovery session.
Lets kick start your change for the new year!